6 Tools For A Great Travel Assignment
Published February 14, 2023
Being a healthcare traveler with Springboard Health is an exciting experience that appeals to people from all walks of life. This is no surprise. With each assignment comes a new city to explore and new friends to meet, making it the perfect opportunity to check off many new adventures on your bucket list.
As any seasoned traveler will tell you, the key to a happy and fun assignment is to do your research before you go. To maximize your experience, it’s important to find resources to support and fulfill you while you are away from your home area’s comforts. To help you stay happy, fit, and fulfilled, we’ve come up with the following tool guide to help you acclimate and thrive wherever your Springboard journey takes you!
Explore Your New City
- Fodor’s Travel – For over 80 years, Fodor’s Travel has been an expert resource for travelers at every stage of their trip. With over 700 local writers and vacation experts, they dive deep into recommendations on food & drink, luxury & budget, arts & culture, and every tip, trick, hack, and deal you could ever dream up.
- Atlas Obscura – In the mood to discover cool, hidden, and unusual things to do in your assignment city? Atlas Obscura is the exploration site for you. From oddity shops to cat cafes and ghost tours to cave dining, you are sure to find something unique to experience.
Boost Your Endorphins
- Nike Training Club (NTC) app – Voted as the best overall fitness app by CNET, the Nike Training Club app is a great way to stay active without a gym membership or bulky fitness equipment. NTC provides intentional, progressive workout programs with specific nutrition, recovery, and mindset tips along the way. NTC’s wide range of Programs will help you make progress on your own schedule and at your speed. Whether you enjoy HIT, yoga, or bodyweight burn, there is a workout for you, regardless of fitness level.
- Strava app – Are you a fan of running or hitting the road on your bicycle? Strava turns every iPhone and Android into a sophisticated running and cycling computer that also works with GPS watches and head units. Start Strava before an activity and you can track your favorite performance stats, and afterwards, dive deep into your data.
Strava is also a great social tool for finding running and cycling activities. All kinds of groups form clubs on Strava to organize activities and build communities – friends, teams, brands, gear shops, and more. It is also the world’s largest route and trail resource. If you’re looking for an adventure or want to make a route of your own, Strava can find you a place to go – and you can upload that route to your phone or GPS device for easier navigation.
Save On Experiences and Shopping
- Groupon – Once you’re in your new assignment location, there are going to be a lot of things to try. However, that doesn’t mean you should be paying full price. Groupon is a great discount site that has extensive “Things to Do” and “Treat Yourself” categories that are perfect for city newbies looking to enjoy unique experiences or just unwind. Deals are often 50% off or more and can be searched by distance, price, and rating.
- Rakuten – No matter where your travels take you, you are going to have to do some shopping. But what if you could get cash back on the purchases you made at the stores you love? Now you can, with Rakuten. Shop through their website, app, or simply use the free browser extension that will help make sure you get the best deals.
Whether it’s 2% cash back on your favorite book at Barnes and Noble or 7.5% when you use Rakuten to book a hotel stay with Hilton, you’re not going to want to shop any other way. Rakuten will then send you your cash back via physical check or PayPal every three months. It’s as easy as that.
Your Adventure Awaits…Let’s Chat!
The life of a traveling healthcare provider is one full of exciting opportunities, unique experiences, and new friends. Whether you’re in the early part of your career or a seasoned professional, Springboard is here to help make your future shine and take you places you never thought possible.
If you’re interested in learning more about becoming a traveling nurse or technologist, our team of relationship managers is here to help. Contact us at email@example.com or (866) 465-6286.
*The above service/app examples are listed for informational purposes only and are not endorsed by Springboard Health. Before making any changes to your existing fitness practices, please consult your physician.