A Travel Nursing Adventure to Seattle
Published August 11, 2021
What if you were able to put your cardiovascular and interventional radiology expertise to work on the road, earn more money and explore one of the Pacific Northwest’s most iconic cities? With Springboard Healthcare, you can.
Seattle, a city that gave the world grunge rock, an oddly magnetic chewing gum wall, Amazon, and the unmistakable Space Needle, is one of the most popular destinations for traveling nurses and technologists working with Springboard. Not only is the demand for experienced help there, but the desire to work, live in and explore such a dynamic city is, too.
Beyond Seattle’s many interesting features and the benefits of coastal living, you are also only a day trip away from the awe-inspiring views of places like Olympic National Park. Venture even closer to the Canadian border and you will find North Cascades National Park, which has been described as the Swiss Alps of the U.S.
And with a travel nursing career or travel technologist career with Springboard, a leader in healthcare staffing for cardiovascular and interventional radiology care teams, you earn considerably higher wages — which makes it easier to see every inch of a city, especially one as eclectic and energized as Seattle.
If you want to enjoy the indoors, visit:
- Space Needle: A 650-foot eye-catcher, the Space Needle earned its place along other iconic landmarks as part of 1962’s World’s Fair. It’s a must-see when visiting or living in Seattle.
- Museum of Pop Culture: Relish in your nearly forgotten teenage angst by visiting the Museum of Pop Culture, which memorializes horror films, Nirvana and Star Trek, among other cultural mainstays.
- Seattle Central Library: From the outside, you’d never know it was a library. And once you’re inside, be sure to visit the 10th floor reading room, which is flooded with natural light and offers a view of Elliott Bay.
- Boeing factory: A must-do for anyone who nerds out over aviation, since this is the place to see a working Boeing factory floor — where commercial airliners come to life.
If you need fresh air, try:
- Chihuly Garden and Glass: A space that is dedicated entirely to the otherworldly blown-glass work of locally born Dan Chihuly. Stroll through and prepare to be visually amazed.
- Pike Place Market: Leave a piece of your ABC gum on the iconic gum wall, visit the original Starbucks and just take in the vibe at this iconic stop.
- Chinatown-International District: It’s beautiful, full of character and authenticity and the choices for Asian cuisine are unmatched.
- Lake Union: Get out on the water at Lake Union, where you can paddleboard or kayak with the skyline as a backdrop.
If you’re wondering if it’s time to take your job, and yourself, on an adventure — the answer is yes! As a traveling nurse or technologist, you earn more while banking the opportunity to explore more in a new place you’ve always dreamed of visiting.
So, prepare your bubble gum, perfect your Starbucks order and clean out your camera roll. Seattle awaits!
To find out more about travel opportunities in Seattle, contact us at (623) 516-8001 or visit our hot destinations job search to choose your own adventure.